I am on top of my game today. After two miserable Wednesdays, I just have to document how well this one is rolling.
So far today I have:
- Nursed and diapered Edison numerous times.
- Rocked her down for her morning nap in a timely fashion.
- Played 3 rounds of Easter egg hunt practice with Linus.
- Nursed and diapered Edison several more times.
- Finagled* Linus into picking up his toys in the living room and moving them back up to his room.
- Held Edison until she fell asleep for her afternoon nap.
- Set out a decently healthy lunch for my family.
- Ate lunch together with my family (minus Edison, who was napping).
- Convinced, er-- bribed** Linus to take a nap.
- Made a teriyaki marinade for our kebab dinner.
- Cut up the onion and red pepper in preparation for tonight's kebabs.
- Made a rhubarb pie with shortbread tart crust and crumble topping. (Pie crust takes too long.)
Now, this may all go out the wide open windows in 5 minutes (or when I have to persuade Linus to clean his disaster of a room), but for now, in this minute, I'm savoring my success.
* I set out a box and told him he had a choice, he could choose to take his toys upstairs to his room or he could just take the easy way out and put them in the box that was going to the thrift store. His choice. (I'm going to try this again with the room pick-up issue. Fingers crossed for success.)
** I told him that we could do a nighttime Easter egg hunt only if he took a nap. I may have even said something about how nocturnal animals (his current obsession) have to sleep during the day in order to hunt at night.